Date(s) - 15/08/2021
09:30 - 13:30
Seven Sisters Canoe Centre
- Family & Friends Welcome:
- Lead Coach:
- Steve D
- Event Organiser:
- Contact for Event:
- Skill Level:
- Age Limit:
- Type of water:
- More information:
Take your kayaking skills to the next level and complete a Discover Award.
What is the Discover Award?
The Discover Award allows you to develop your decision making and practical skills for a fun and safe time on the water, as you become a more skilled and independent paddler. Through this award you will learn how to choose and effectively use equipment, whilst developing an understanding of the factors which affect your paddling.
Who is it for?
Anyone of any age who want to develop their skills on the water. You don’t need any previous experience to take your Discover Award, just the desire for fun and learning!
Why should I do the Discover Award?
If you want to develop your skills from your Start Award, or feel like you need to expand your basic paddling knowledge further, this is the award you need. The award covers topics such as:
- Encouraging independent decision making on different bodies of water (moving river, canal, estuary, harbour), covering safety and weather aspects too
- Preparing for self-guided adventures
- Equipment you will need for a variety of paddle trips
- Further developing your canoe, kayak or SUP paddling and rescue skills
This is the first time CVCC is running this new award. The training and assessment will be led by Steve D.
It is limited to 8 people so book now.
Bookings are closed for this event.