Membership to the Cuckmere Valley Canoe Club is open to everyone aged 8+. We welcome all levels from novice upwards and work to accommodate all needs.
Decide on the type of membership best for you and sign up.
A membership subscription fee is payable in order to become a member of the club. CVCC is a non profit organisation and all fees & donations are re-invested in the club to the benefit of its members.
Membership is for one rolling year from the date you join. This covers you for the Club Season (April to October) and enables you to book for any additional trips and sessions throughout the year.
The Club Season
The Club Season generally operates from beginning of April until the end of October – see Events for precise dates. Some trips and events are organised outside of the club season and offered to club members but there is no guarantee of being able to paddle outside of the official club season.
Membership fees – these cover cost of the following items
- Use of Club facilities during organised sessions.
- Insurance of club by affiliation to British Canoeing
- Tuition & paddler development by qualified British Canoeing coaches.
- Participation in club events and official club trips.
- Use of club canoes/kayaks, cagoule top, paddles, buoyancy aid and helmet during club sessions & events.
- Renewal costs of above equipment from time to time due to wear and tear.
We DO NOT supply wetsuits which may be recommended at colder times of year depending on the weather.
Note: Club membership does NOT ensure free parking in the centre car park. Priority for the limited free parking at the Barn is for coaches and leaders. It is provided on a first come first served basis with members required to pay for parking in the main car park when full.
The Forestry Commission offer an annual Discovery Pass that includes parking in the Seven Sisters Country Park car park (as well as other local car parks). Click Here to visit the Forestry Commission website for more information on the Discovery Pass.